Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Pretty exciting day!

So Rachel had the baby today and they're calling her Maddy, which is short for Madelyne Elizabeth! It's a beautiful name, and Sarah was pleased to find out that she and the new baby have the same middle name! Hee! Great-aunt Sarah!

Carolyn was pleased to find out that she is an Aunt now (and hello, Uncle Scott!), and she doesn't have to wait for her brother Patrick to get married and have a baby, she can be an Aunt right now! Kim was less impressed, because she has been an Aunt for two years, but she did mention that she needs more sunglasses, because that is what the Cool Aunts wear, just like Sarah.

Soren and Carl have a cousin now, which would be thrilling for them, if they were old enough to know what a cousin is.

I talked to Rachel on the phone when I woke up in the afternoon, and she said the baby was cute, and then she sent me a cell-phone picture of a baby whose most prominent feature was a big nose! I was a bit surprised, because I've seen cuter babies before, but you know, moms always think their own child is attractive, no matter how big their nose is. When we got to the hospital, I saw that baby Maddy actually is very lovely and has a tee-tiny nose (also tiny feet! so cute!), so it was just the camera angle that made her look schnozz-fabulous!

So Rich and I visited Rachel in the hospital and held the baby, and took her picture, and Rich changed a diaper because he is the king of taking care of babies. I told Maddy she can call me HRH, and she can call Rich Poppy.

Then we went to Rockford to pick up the dresser/changing table that Rachel and Ash bought yesterday. They were going to borrow our van and pick it up today, but they decided to have a baby instead, so Rich and I took a little drive and got it for them. It was a nice opportunity for Rich to listen to the Ben Folds CD he gave me for Christmas, and he said he's got some new cuss words to teach Patsy now, because Ben does curse a bit.

We brought the dresser back and the two of us carried it into their apartment. Rich thinks I am not so helpful at helping him carry furniture, because I am shorter and don't have a very long reach, so he was complaining a little, but hey, there was nobody else to help, so he needs to be a little more grateful!

Tonight I am at work, and while the lab reports are printing, I'm knitting a little hat for Maddy, using some light gray Angora yarn. The yarn is handspun by the lady who raises the Angora rabbits - it's so soft!

2 comments :

  1. Congratulations!!
    ~~Kath~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you to have a grandchild close to you. She is going to be one spoiled little girl! I want to see pictures! Congrats to you and pass it on to Rachel and Ash. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete