Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I would write more, but I have to get back to my knitting!

Kim is going to Taiwan in a week, and we are ready! She has her passport, a visa, an armful of shots, and today I ordered an electric outlet adapter for her to take. I cannot imagine what else she might need, but whatever it is, she can buy it when she gets there.

I started knitting a very cute top for Kim because I wanted to knit something with the yarn made from recycled blue jeans, and tonight at Knit Night I thought it would be an exciting challenge to make the top in time for Kim to take it with her to Taiwan, which means that I need to finish it by next Wednesday morning! I blame Laura for this madness!

Therefore I will be knitting this top every waking moment for the next week. Good thing Kim has a new video game to play that will amuse me while I knit. She bought the new Harvest Moon game for the Wii yesterday and it is so frantically fun that she played it far into the night last night and all day today. I will be sitting in the living room watching her play and play and play!

In other news, I seem to be DEATH on cell phones and have killed another Blackberry. I will be getting a replacement phone in the mail tomorrow, and in the meantime they gave me a loaner phone to use. I could not be happier, and it was totally worth the two hours I spent waiting in the cell phone store while they dinked around with my phone and waited on many, many other people, to get this loaner. Not like last time when I went to the smaller cell phone store on the other side of town because it is never crowded and I didn't want to wait. They didn't give me a loaner! I was without a phone for three days! I will always choose the crowded busy store - I have learned my lesson.

No comments :

Post a Comment