Thursday, June 23, 2011

In which the dog thinks I am intruding.

I talked to Kim on MSN Messenger this afternoon. It was 4:30 a.m. in Taiwan. She was eating a bowl of ramen soup, and was wide awake. She said she had been traveling for 30 hours altogether, and had been on two planes, a bus and a train. It was quite the adventure for her.

When she got to Taipei, Taiwan, she had to get her bags from the baggage claim, then go to a machine to exchange some money so she could go to another machine to buy a phone card. She used the phone card to call her contact person to meet her at the train station.

Then she found the bus to take her to the train station. The contact person, who is a friend of the principle of the pre-school, helped her get her ticket to Hualien, and asked a couple of girls who were also boarding the train, to help Kim get off the train at the right stop.

When she arrived in Hualien, the principle met her at the train and took her to the apartment. What a journey!

So Kim is fine and arrived safely. When I talked to her again tonight, she said she had slept for about 3 hours, so that's good.

I had taken the night off on Tuesday so I could be up in the morning to go with Rich to take Kim to the airport. Rich was already asleep when I went upstairs to bed, and Sonny was asleep on the bed, too. Not in his usual place at the foot of the bed, though. Apparently when I am not home, Sonny sleeps on my side of the bed!

I was surprised to see Sonny laying in my place and I gave him a little push and told him to move, and he ignored me, so I gave him a push and told him to move again, and he growled at me! I had to use both hands to shove the dog to the end of the bed!

I read for a little while, and then I got up to brush my teeth. When I came back to bed, guess what dog was laying up in my place again? That's right, and he was very annoyed to be pushed out of it!

So tonight I came upstairs to read in bed and found the dog asleep on my side of the bed again. This time when I told him to move, he growled in a disgusted way, but he got up and went to the end of the bed. He has since rolled over and is laying right up against Rich's leg, as far from me as he can get

.

1 comment :

  1. It's pretty amazing that Kim is all the way on the other side of the world. I'll bet the ramen noodles are better over there.
    You're much more patient than I would be with the dog. At my house a growl would get him a nice solid boot to the bottom of the stairs.

    ReplyDelete