Friday, June 24, 2011

In which I have nothing else to report.

Kim actually wrote a blog post about her first day in Taiwan, and she has pictures that she says she will post later, so if you want to follow her adventures you can go here.

What I am knitting today:

I didn't get Kim's top done in time for her to take it with her, but it is almost done. I'll work on it and get it finished and she can have it when she gets back.

I took a bunch of baby sweaters that needed finishing to knitting group this afternoon, and got several of them finished! I'm pretty happy about that. There is only one Baby Surprise Sweater that still needs the shoulders seamed up, and the other sweater that I didn't finish is a Wallaby that I thought was all done, but it turned out that I need to finish knitting the hood! I'll do that when the weather is cooler and Maddy needs a sweater.

I just brought a sock to work on while I read tonight. It's knitted with a soothing blue and green varigated yarn that has aloe in the yarn so it's supposed to be good for your hands while you knit, and good for your feet when you wear them.

What I'm reading today:

I'm reading a paperback mystery that I bought at Walmart yesterday for research and inspiration. I am hoping to write a mystery novel to sell for the Kindle, but I need to get started! I stupidly bought a paperback, though, when I know I don't want to hold it open while I read! I like to read on my Kindle so that I can just prop it on my lap while I knit! What was I thinking? I don't know. I blame it on Maddy - she was distracting me in the store and I was just throwing things into the cart!

What other things I did today:

1. Went for a walk with Laura, her sister Rachel, and their little bulldog Annie. Are all bulldogs named Annie? In my experience, they are.

2. Attended Friday afternoon knitting group where I got urped on by a baby, and also brought home the group baby blanket to work on. We're all knitting a few rows on a baby blanket that will be a gift for a pregnant member of the Tuesday night knitting group.

3. Mailed a piece of paper that Kim needs that she forgot to take with her, and while I was at the P.O. I asked what it would cost to mail a five-pound package to Taiwan. The answer was 45 dollars, so I think that if Kim needs anything else, she can buy it there!

4. Talked to Kim on the webcam. She says the humidity is unbelievable! It takes forever for her hair to dry after a shower, and if she naps, she wakes up covered in sweat. Apparently Taiwan is hotter than Hell or Arizona. She held her Coke bottle up to the camera so that I could see that the label is in Chinese!

No comments :

Post a Comment