Wednesday, June 22, 2011

In which Kim goes on an adventure.

So we got Kim safely off to Taiwan today. We got up early to drove to the airport, and actually parked and walked in with her instead of just pushing her out on the sidewalk in front of the terminal and driving away. It's a good thing we did, too, because it turns out that her big bag was too heavy by about 7 lbs! She would have been charged 200 dollars for the overweight bag!

We helped her cram a few things into the smaller bag, and we took a couple of books and her notebook full of CDS home with us. She was taking the CDs because she hasn't moved all her MP3s to her new netbook, and she wanted her music. Once her bags were repacked, we sent her off to the security line. She reported later that she just went through the big xray thingy and did not get molested patted down by the TSA.

Rich and I had a leisurely drive back home, listening to an audiobook while he drove and I knitted. It was extremely leisurely, because the last few miles of the expressway before Rockford were under construction and the traffic was moving slo-o-owly.

When we got home I picked up everything Kim left strewn around the living room and carried it all up to her room and closed the door. I'm planning to clean that room this summer!

I didn't finish the top I'm knitting for Kim, but it is almost done, and I'm going to get it done this week, just so I can say it is finished! Then I will fold it neatly and save it in her room until she gets home.

When this top is done, I am going to do the finishing work on a few things that have been resting in the knitting basket(s) for a long time. I just want things to be done, so I can start a new project with a clear conscience. I think there are four baby sweaters that need a tiny bit of seaming, and some Civil War mittens for Suzy that need thumbs. That won't take long, and maybe I will take them all to knitting night and finish them there, with people to talk to (and listen to) while I work.

No comments :

Post a Comment