Wednesday, June 29, 2011

In which it's life as usual.

What I'm knitting today:

I have been working on the Baby Blanket of Doom, but I am finished with my part of it and ready to pass it on. I didn't have the (very simple) pattern right in my mind, and I ripped it back twice before I got it right. It's a lovely soft blanket for one of the knitters in the Tuesday night group who is pregnant, and everyone is taking a turn to knit a few rows on it.

Why I have sore muscles today:

I went to yoga again on Monday, and we worked so hard! I was aching when we left the Y, so I took some ibuprofen when I got home, and went to bed to get my evening nap, but when I woke up I was so sore and stiff that I took a hot shower before work. I felt good after that, but ooooh! Today I have some sore muscles! It's a fun class, though.

How fast a baby can climb stairs:

Apparently a baby can climb stairs at the speed of light! Maddy was at our house this afternoon for an hour while Rachel and Ash went to the Y to swim laps, and she wandered off to the kitchen, presumably to take cans out of the pantry and put them into one of the other cupboards like she always does.

I was sending an email so I didn't follow her, and Rich was sitting on the floor with her toys, expecting her to come right back, and after a minute he got up to check on her, and then I heard him say, "Where did Maddy go?"

I said, "The kitchen," but he said she wasn't there, so he went to look in the dining room and I started up the stairs to see if she was in our bedroom. I was calling her as I went but she didn't giggle or answer me like she does when I call her, and she wasn't in any of the rooms on the second floor, so I went up the stairs to Rich's office, and there she was, playing with a tube of lotion! She had gone all the way to third floor just that fast!

How much fun is Kim having today:

I am assuming she's having a great time on her island vacation. I hope she doesn't have a mental breakdown without internet access for a couple of days! We should get to see some good photos when she gets back to Taiwan and updates her blog!

No comments :

Post a Comment