Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Wildlife!

Saturday when I went outside to go shopping with RA, there were these tracks in the tiny amount of snow on the front steps:



The tracks led up to the pumpkin that has been sitting on the top step since Halloween. We didn't carve the pumpkin, we just put it out on the porch. And left it there for a month. Because that is how we roll.



When I got home I checked the pumpkin again, and the hole was bigger, with more seeds and stuff pulled out. It was pretty much hollow inside. Then on Sunday I went with RA to take a Poinsettia to an old dear in the ward who had surgery, and when I told the old dear about it, she offered me the pumpkin that was still sitting on her porch!

I took her pumpkin home and replaced my now-empty pumpkin with the new one, and it's almost hollow now.

6 comments :

  1. Because of you some little squirrel family will have a happier winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering how the pumpkin on your porch got smaller! It was a whole different pumpkin. That explains so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you will have to keep putting out pumpkins or the little critters will starve!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, wildlife. Scott tried to show Soren the animal tracks in our snowy backyard but he was uninterested.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the bums that do that in LA, not the wildlife.

    ReplyDelete