Sunday, December 20, 2009

I love my red laptop!

Okay, so Kim got home Thursday night at 11, and Rich was sleeping, so I helped her bring her bags in from the car. She had several bags, and the biggest one is a monster! Of course that one is the one I dropped on my ankle, and it's still sore!

Friday morning I was going out to breakfast with RA, and Kim heard me talking about it, because even when she is asleep, the phrase "go out to breakfast" penetrates her consciousness, and she murmured, "Are you going out for breakfast?" I told her she could go to if she got up right now and got dressed, and then I went into her room and shook out the clothes she had taken off the night before and told her to put them back on.

After breakfast we went to W@lmart because RA needed to get a few things for the little party she was planning for Sunday afternoon, and I bought Paper Mario for the Wii for Kim, and she has been playing it almost constantly since then.

While Kim plays Paper Mario, I have been knitting on a sweater for Soren. It's made of a bluey-purple tweedy wool, with a letter S on the front. The S is knitted in intarsia, and I hate intarsia, but I wanted to make this sweater - it's a Weasley Sweater! So I sat there last night and worked on it until that stinking S was finished! When the sweater is sewn together and blocked, I'll post a picture of it, because it does look kind of good.

It's been a little strange having Kim home playing video games and not having Sando parked on the couch with his laptop, but he's out of town this weekend. He'll be back tomorrow, and I'm ready for him! I've got cinnamon rolls to bake, frozen pizzas, and Mountain Dew!

Oh, I almost forgot this, but in between video games, Kim is working on a laptop exchange. She has so much crap important stuff stored on her laptop that there isn't enough memory for her to play Guild Wars properly, and she said she wanted to try playing it on my laptop, to see if it would run better.

My laptop has hardly anything on it, since I mostly use it just for checking Facebook and watching TV shows in bed, so Guild Wars ran beautifully on it, and Rich says my laptop also has more memory because it is newer, so Kim is trading laptops with me - again.

Remember last Christmas when we did the big laptop switch? Rachel's was old, mine was new, and Kim's was only a year old, so Kim gave hers to Rachel, I gave mine to Kim, and Rachel gave me her old one, since I didn't really need one (see above). Well, a few months later, Rich got another new one for me when there was a big sale, and that's the one Kim is getting now. I don't mind, I'm getting my cool red laptop back!

So here at the House of Laptops, Kim has borrowed an external hard drive from Rich's office, and she's using it to move programs from one computer to the other. She should be done tonight, so we can shut down that operation, which is set up on the couch and the folding table in the living room.

This afternoon I went to the party at RA's house, and I took Kim with me just to ride along, and eat cookies. It was a good thing Kim went, because RA wasn't quite done setting things up, so Kim made a couple of trips to the basement and also, climbed on a chair to light candles, so she earned her cookies. I didn't plan to stay long, which is another reason why I took Kim, so that when I was ready to leave, I could say that we had to go, because Kim had a 'thing'. On the way home, Kim was speculating on what the 'thing' could be, in case anyone asked her about it later. Leave your suggestions in the comments.

3 comments :

  1. At Kim's age her "thing" can always be a hot date.
    I want to see the sweater when you get done, so hurry up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my brother Joe always left on this note "uh, I gotta go, I gotta thing" no further explanation is needed. I supposed she could be late for an appointment at the free clinic?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you ARE thinking of your brother.

    ReplyDelete