Wednesday, December 30, 2009

And tonight was not better than yesterday.

I don't think I've mentioned this before (because why would I?) but Axel in Security has to have a break every night so he can take a poop, usually around 12:15, but tonight it was about 12:20 or 12:30, and oh my goodness, it takes him forever to poop!! WTH?? So tonight he’s on his poop break, and Maintenance was standing by with a crazy ER patient, so I get a call from one of the alarm companies, and BTW, I hate them, because they are rude and not helpful. They asked if we have an emergency situation? And I said not that I’m aware of, I don’t have any alarms going off here, and then they asked for the passcode. I said, "What building are you calling about?" And instead of telling me, she asks me again for the passcode.

I don’t know the passcode - I think it’s a certain number, but I wasn’t sure - so I put her on hold and called Security, who is still in the bathroom and can’t tell me the passcode. What?? So I go back to the alarm company call and said Security isn’t available, and she asks for the passcode again, and I said I don’t have it, and she asked for my name, and I told her and she said, “You don’t have the passcode,” and hung up!

So then Security called me on the phone, and I told him she hung up, and he said the passcode is a certain number and I said, "Why didn’t you tell me that before?" And he says because the ER admitting area has a police band radio, and the security radio can be heard over it, and he didn’t want anyone to hear the passcode and he didn’t have his phone with him. Fine, he didn’t take his cellphone to the bathroom with him? I hate him.

THEN he hears a message coming over his radio, and he listens and laughs and says the alarm company is sending the police to the building that had the alarm and they said over the radio that Audrey didn’t know the passcode. Can you believe that?

So I wrote it down on my log sheet, and as I was writing it all down, I got a call from someone else at the Alarm Company of the Damned to let me know they had called for the police to be dispatched to that building, and she called it by name and gave me the address, too, thanks, because they had an alarm and Audrey didn’t know the password. So now they can tell me what building it is?

Of course now Security is free to toddle over to that building to see what the problem is, because he has finished his nightly poo, and he asks me to let Maintenance know he will have to continue standing by in the ER with the patient until Security gets back. Haha, I’m sure John from Maintenance is having a great time up there. He was warned about the Poo Breaks when he started working midnights after Mike the Gossip King retired. The Gossip King used to be the one who always got the call to watch a patient in ER while Security took his breaks, which is why the entire hospital knows about the Poo Breaks and snickers about them behind Axel's back.

As soon as I hung up from the Alarm Company call, I got a call from another alarm monitoring system to let me know that they have a Supervisory Signal at another one of the network buildings. They get those on a regular basis, but I haven’t cracked the code of that schedule yet. No one seems to know what a Supervisory Signal is, either. I have asked the alarm people, security, and maintenance, and no one knows, so now when I get one, I write it on my log and don’t even bother to report it to anyone.

And I am not kidding, as soon as I finished writing that call on my log, I got a call from the same drunk woman who has called me every night starting at the night before Christmas Eve, and she asks about getting admitted to the detox program. This has happened every night, and every night I give her the information that we do not admit anyone to the program at night and she needs to call in the daytime, and that if she is sick she can go to the ER and they will keep her there until she can be admitted in the morning. We have done this dance every night!! I am so sick of it! So I go over it again and this time she wants to know if we have any available beds, so I put her on hold and call the night nursing supervisor, who has also spoken to her, one night last week, and she looks it up and says no we don’t have any available bed for her in the detox unit. I told the caller that, and she said okay and waited, and I didn’t say anything else and finally she said thanks and hung up.

Can you see why a person might feel a bit frazzled?

Also, Avatar was pretty but NOT epic, like Lucas said on Facebook, so he was wrong and now I am looking forward to seeing Sherlock Holmes. Probably this weekend.

3 comments :

  1. And you say you don't have anything interesting to write about!!!!!!!!!! Love it and you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. best entry ever! I give it 2 thumbs up and I laughed all the way through it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is it with guys and the bathroom?
    Does he have a magazine or something stashed in there?
    This is the funniest post ever.

    ReplyDelete