Tuesday, December 15, 2009

In which Evil goes back in the freezer.

This is a copy of the study schedule that Rachel made for Kim, to help Kim get through finals week. I thought it was funny, so I'm sharing it here:

Kim's Finals Week Plan


Tonight:


*Review poetry notes and put concepts in your journal.

*Put journal in the freezer so you don't have to think about it anymore and go to bed at midnight.

Tuesday:

*Counseling appointment in the morning, take your notebook with you so you can work on the prologue on the bus and anytime you have down time.

*Scheduled appointment with group. You can totally get the Chinese video finished, edited and done before your group meeting is over. Get it uploaded before going back to your apartment so you don't have to think about it anymore.

*Finishing typing up your story and revising once the Chinese thing is finished and you're back home. You've been working on it during the day, so it's not going to be too bad. I would even send it to Mom once the revisions are made so she can proof-read and you don't have to think about it.

*Before going to bed, take your journal out of the freezer. Revel in the lovely coldness of the notebook and review your notes for 15-30 min. before bed. Don't do it for longer than this. Then put your notebook back in the freezer and go to bed.

*If you have some extra time, do some of your Chinese take-home test. Just answer the easy questions, the ones you can do without thinking, so you can feel good that you know what your talking about. Any hard ones, leave for Wednesday.

Wednesday:

*15-30 min. before poetry exam, review journal one more time. Keep those notes in the freezer until absolutely the last minute. That way when your reviewing they might still be cold. It will be lovely.

*Finish up your Chinese take-home test. Since you did the easy problems yesterday you won't have as much to deal with and you can feel more in control. Get that turned in.

*Mom should have sent the proof-read copy of your story to your email. Read it one more time and send it to your teacher. Woot! One more thing done.

*Curl up on the couch with some hot cocoa and start reviewing your Chinese articles. Do you really need 50? I mean, come on. It's just a final. Either way. Decide the articles that you are actually going to use, put them in the freezer before bed and you can finish up the project in the morning.

Thursday:

*Alright, you've made it. Last thing to do. Work on your Chinese project and get it finished up. You already made some headway yesterday, so it's not going to be too bad. Turn it in.

*Guess what? Now you're done!! You get to come home. Go get some gas in your car. Get some McDonald's. Mom and I will make sure you have money in your account for both. Get a shake to drink on the way home!! You totally get to relax when you get home. It's going to be lovely. Use the Garmin on the drive back.

You can totally do this Kim! If you start panicking, give me a call. I will have my phone with me at work and you know Mom will be available too. We've totally got your back!!

Love you smalls,
Rachel

PS. If I missed anything, let me know. Send me an email and I'll work it into your schedule. And don't forget the importance of putting things in the freezer. Some things just need to chill.

3 comments :

  1. I need Rachel to organize my life! That was awesome. I hope Kim followed it to the T. I loved that she had her put things in the freezer to take it off her mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice. Though, I guess it wouldn't work for me to put my children in the freezer when they (or I) need to chill...

    ReplyDelete