Tuesday, December 8, 2009

In which I am only writing to entertain my cousin.

I slept the entire day on Monday. I didn't wake up until 4:30 in the afternoon, and it was so dark in my bedroom that I was confused at first, and I couldn't remember what day it was, or if it was day or night.

I could hear Rachel upstairs talking to Rich, but I didn't go up there. I staggered downstairs and got a Diet Pepsi to wake up with, because I felt so groggy. By the time Rachel came downstairs, I was a little more awake, and when she said she needed to go out to pick up something at Rondee's, I got dressed and went with her.

Hayden, who is about 2, was happy to see us, and he showed me their Christmas tree, and let me read to him. He even made a monkey noise for me! He's so cute!

I don't even know what Rachel was picking up from Rondee, because I just wasn't paying attention. I still needed to wake up, I think. We went to the store so I could buy spaghetti noodles, and then Rachel dropped me off at home again. I wasn't ready to cook, so it was good that Rachel talked me into buying some roast chicken at the grocery store! It smelled great!

So Rich and I ate roast chicken, and then I cooked the carbonara during the commercials of my favorite show, The Big Bang Theory.

Rich is suppposed to read Mr. Willoughby's Christmas Tree at the ward Christmas party this week, but we can't find our copy. We spent more time looking for it tonight, and then Rachel said she could put it on hold and Barnes and Noble, so she and Ash are going to pick up a copy tomorrow at the mall. Yay!

Other than that, nothing of interest is going on here. There has been talk of a big snow that is getting everyone all worked up, but I'm not sure I believe in it. RA told me that the Weather Channel has a reporter in place in Chicago, waiting for the blizzard, but that it isn't Jim Cantore. Well, if the Weather Channel didn't even send their A team, can we expect much at all? I don't think so. Everyone needs to calm down.

Chlorine, the old dear who is working the day shift on the switchboard a couple of mornings a week until Barb comes back from her most recent surgery (and by the way, Barb must be about a bionic woman by now, with all the surgery she's had!), was whining Monday morning about how if we got all that snow, she might not be able to come to work, because she has to drive 12 miles to get here! 12 miles? Please. I couldn't even think of a snarky response to that, it was so ridiculous.

I know I still haven't put up the (very few) Thanksgiving pictures I took, and I also have some pictures of my Halloween pumpkin to show, so I'll try to get those uploaded tomorrow.

2 comments :

  1. omg, hilarious, I love the A team, bionic and that even you couldn't think a snarky remark. v. funny cuz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I could benefit from your cousin's boredom.

    ReplyDelete