Monday, December 28, 2009

Why I hate my life today.

It rained all day on Christmas Eve day, and most of Christmas Day, too, and the bathroom ceiling that has not leaked since I had the roof re-shingled two years ago started leaking again. I feel so ghetto now. It's like living in a tenement.

The basement leaked, too, but that is a local phenomenon, where everyone in town gets water in their basement, just some more than others. So I was already sad about the bathroom ceiling leakage, and the pathetic bowls and towels that we had to set in strategic places on the floor to catch the water, and the cats were dodging the drops to eat from their bowls, and then I went down to the basement to do the laundry and slipped in the water on the floor and landed on my knee! Ow sweetie! Ow dahling! Oh, the humanity.

Ironically, today is the day when the handyman dropped off the quote for the job of replacing the ruined bathroom ceiling, because a month ago I asked him to come look at it, thinking that after two years (maybe it's only one year, I can't remember when we had it done) of not leaking we were home free and could get the ceiling repaired. So yeah, that won't be happening for a while yet.

Kim was gone when I got up and Rich said she had gone to lunch with Sando and then they were going somewhere else, but he forgot where. I texted her and it turned out that the Somewhere Else was Sando's house, because he had a new game they wanted to play. Later she texted me and said that she and Sando, Divad, and Sando's little brother, Sando Jr, were all just sitting in his basement, each of them doing something by themselves on their laptops. Sounds like a fun party, doesn't it?

I went out with RA to mail packages at the post office, and I was pretty cranky, mostly about the bathroom ceiling. I told her that Rich was accusing me of having PMS, and she said he might be right about that. Then she gave me some chocolate, so that helped, but maybe it was just to shut me up.

3 comments :

  1. Poor poor baby!
    I hope your knee is feeling better by now.

    I hate a leaky bathroom. My small bathroom still has a giant hole in the floor from when the pipe broke. yeesh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your water misfortune. I still have a torn apart wall and rolled up ruined carpet in the room in the basement were the drain pipe split last year. I've just shut the door and tried not to think of it. I think there is nothing worse then water coming into your house in places that it shouldn't be coming in, whether it be leaks or broken plumbing. I hope your knee is all right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am willing to kill someone who accuses me of having PMS when I'm cranky - sometimes I am just cranky because the situation calls for it!

    ReplyDelete