Sunday, December 13, 2009

I am choosing to be happy.

I've been in a crabby mood all day, at least I have been since RA suddenly started getting sick after church, by which I mean she is showing symptoms that her cellulitis might be back. That is, according to her husband, and if he is wrong, and she just has a little virus, well then I am sorry for the mean things I said to many people today about her bad medication habits.

RA's husband told me that she stopped taking her antibiotic, and now that she thinks her infection is coming back, she thinks maybe she should take the rest of the pills she had left when she decided she didn't need to take them anymore. I can't express my fury at hearing that, although I have told several people today how mad that makes me, that she is so stupid that even after we have talked (more than once) about why it's a bad thing to stop taking your antibiotics before you finish all of them - super virus, anyone? - so I just can't talk about it anymore. Just know that I am angry.

So moving on from the topic of Frustrating Friends, the good news is that Karin had her new baby and I could not be happier for her! She was a big baby, too, for a first one - she weighed 8 lbs! Good job, Karin!

In other news, I owe thanks to Diana for taking care of my farm tonight. I talked to her on the phone in the afternoon, mostly to rant about the previously mentioned problem with RA, and while I was talking to her I was checking my farm. My strawberries were almost ready to harvest but I was so sleepy! I needed to get a nap before work, and Diana said she would check them later and take care of them if I didn't. When I woke up tonight, I looked at my farm, and she had harvested the strawberries and planted something else! Thanks, Diana!

This is finals week for Kim, and then she'll be home Thursday evening to sit on our couch and play video games to entertain me! Haha, that's what I wish would happen, but the truth is that she will sit on the couch perusing her favorite websites on her laptop and ignore me.

What I'm knitting tonight:

I'm making a cowl for Joe of Joe and Rondee, who needs a face-protector while he's working, and scarves just won't stay up over his face the way he wants them to. It's an easy, soothing project for someone who is on her last nerve and has had a constant headache for a week, so tonight I'm going to just knit and try to be zen.

1 comment :