Wednesday, November 4, 2009

In which I have another long boring day

With RA out of town, I hardly leave the house, and the first couple of days it's fun, because I'm home, and I can entertain myself - well, if entertaining myself means calling everyone I know on the phone, spending hours farming on facebook and chatting in IM with Sando about his Nanowrimo story.

It's been a few days since she left and I'm starting to get a little antsy. I am tired of not getting out, but there is really nothing to go out for. I have library books, the internet and my knitting, and there is a case of Diet Pepsi in the kitchen but I'm used to going out every afternoon for an outing with RA and we drive around and look at the scenery and talk about things, and I miss that when she's not here!

This afternoon Rachel came over for an hour while Ash was at work. She had a turkey sandwich and read my plot sketch, but she needed to go home and have a nap before work, so she couldn't stay. I sent my ipod home with her, and I hope Ash will be able to put the new battery in. I tried, but I couldn't get it apart.

I went for a walk by myself, just a mile, and I talked to Kim on my cell phone while I walked. It was about 50 degrees out, which is comfortable, except that my fingers got cold while I held my phone up to my ear. Tomorrow I'll wear gloves!

So that was my thrilling day. Stay tuned, tomorrow maybe I'll make a sandwich!

3 comments :

  1. If I lived close to you I would go on outings with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get a bluetooth earpiece so you can walk and talk on the phone with your hands in your pockets.
    I would go walking with you. Me and my pack of hounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there farming neighbor. You are very lucky to have RA as your outing buddy. Since I moved 16 years ago to here, I still miss my best friend every day. We used to walk 4 miles each day after I got done teaching. Her kids and my son also joined us on our walks. I am so envious of you and I understand how you can't wait for her return. Lynn and I still talk alot on the phone and when we do we each get a diet pepsi out. Take care. =^..^=

    ReplyDelete