Friday, November 6, 2009

In which there are two trips to the grocery store

I woke up at 3 in the morning and couldn't go back to sleep, so I just stayed up. I went downstairs and called Rachel, who was having a pleasantly slow night at work, and talked to her for a while, and I read for a while, and worked on my farm.

I got dressed at 7 and went to the grocery store to buy the cats some of their special food. They get one can of soft food every day at noon, and we ran out of it so they didn't get any on Friday, and you should have heard the pitiful mewing! You would have thought they were being tortured!

I came home and folded some laundry and talked to Rich, but then he went upstairs to work and suddenly I was soooo tired! I felt like a huge loser for not doing anything, when there are things that I could be doing, but I finally gave up and went to bed. I slept until 2 in the afternoon. Which is the time I usually get up, so I was sleeping on my normal schedule.

I went out with Rich tonight to pick up a couple of things I forgot from the store and to drop something off, and then we came home and watched TV.

While we watched, I knitted a little more on the second one of a pair of fingerless gloves. I think I made the first glove too short for a man to wear, because I have such short fingers, and I measured it against my hand. I'll try the finished glove on Rich tomorrow and see if it needs to have some length added.

What an exciting day we had.

3 comments :

  1. I hate it when I wake up to early, cuz then my butt is dragging on the ground all afternoon. About the time I get home I'm not sleepy anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I play on the computer when I wake up early. Then I play too long and I'm a little (15 minutes) late for work. Good thing my bosses love me.

    ReplyDelete