Sunday, November 1, 2009

Blog your bitching - you know you want to!

Some of the bloggers I read are doing a month-long challenge to write every day, and you know I like to be one of the cool kids, so I'm doing it too, but not on any official, signing-up kind of level. Just an unofficial challenge to myself and anyone who wants to join me, same as last year, when Jeanette challenged everyone in the family who writes a journal to do it every day for the month of November.

So last night Rich passed out treats to the Trick-or-Treaters, and our neighbor estimated - based on how much candy she bought - that we had about 200 kids come to our doors. I wouldn't know, because after one of the kids who came to our door early in the evening got smart with me at the door (and you know I can't let some kid lip off to me without replying), Rich banished me from passing out treats because he said we were going to get our windows broken! The little bastards. Next year I think I'll borrow a big dog to bark and scare them all away! That'll show 'em.

It was a long night at work. Because of the time change, I worked an extra hour, but the upside of that was that I got extra breaks from James, one of the housekeepers, who kept coming over to let me go to the ladies room so that he could have a break to sit in our office and read the People magazines we keep in the desk drawer.

At midnight last night Kim, Sando, and thousands of other people started writing their stories for National Novel Writing Month (Nanowrimo)! I was going to start writing my November novel last night, too, but I was reading something else all night and I couldn't tear myself away. Which means I need to get started today.

What I'm knitting today:

- working on sock #2 of a pair for RA's son.

What I'm cooking today:

- making a pot of chili, which reminds me, I should go stir that...

3 comments :