Thursday, November 5, 2009

It's a little colder

It's a little colder today, so when I went for a walk, I wore some fingerless gloves that I knitted last year, and they were great! They kept my hands perfectly warm while I talked on the phone! Yay!

Today I'm making yogurt in the crockpot, a project that I bought the ingredients for a week ago, or maybe 10 days, so I thought I'd better get on it before the milk went bad. It's not anything complicated, it's just a project where you put it together and stir it once in a while, but it takes about 16 hours altogether, so I just need to be here to do it.

So the yogurt is...well, making itself, really, and I also have bread rising, that is about ready to go into the oven, and I baked a butternut squash this afternoon, because that was another thing that needed to be cooked before it went bad. Actually, squash last about forever, but eventually I do need to cook them, and this is a good day for running the oven and warming things up.

That is about all I've done today. Tomorrow I'm going to make chicken soup and take it to someone in the ward who had heart surgery last week, and since she lives way out in the country, Rondee is going with me to keep me company on the long trip. It will get both of us out of the house.

1 comment :

  1. Wow, you are the cooking queen! Idon't think I would even know were to begin if the package didn't say "microwave on high for 4-5 minutes, stirring once". I am truly impressed and wished I lived closer to reap the benifits of a good meal once in a while.

    ReplyDelete