Monday, November 2, 2009

The magic freezer

I came to work tonight with three cans of pop, all of them at room temperature. Luckily we have a refridgerator in our department (doesn't everyone?)and the temperature in the freezer is set to supercold, so I put one of my pops in the freezer, and told myself sternly to remember to take it out in one hour! I had to be stern with myself because I know what happens to a pop that stays in the freezer too long, and it's not pretty.

So yay, I just took out my cold pop and poured it into a glass to drink it because I can't drink out of a can anymore after I read a gross story on the internet. I won't tell you what the story is, and Rich says it might not even be true, but hey, it was on the internet and the internet doesn't lie!

The other two cans are in the little refridgerator in the switchboard office, because they can take their time getting cold, and I will drink them later. Yes, that's right, we have a big fridge in the department and a little fridge in our office. The server room is also very cold! That is how we roll.

RA is out of town for two weeks, visiting her insane sister, so when I woke up at 2, I didn't go out to get some lunch or do any shopping. I stayed quietly at home, eating some leftover chili from last night for breakfast, and farming my farm in Farmville.

I sold all of my Halloween decorations on the farm and moved some of the animals around. I used my FV bucks to buy a garden gnome, because I have always wanted one. I bought a few fences, and used some that were gifts to fence in some of the animals, too.

Farmville information:

I don't know if I've told everyone this, but Billy No-mates told me that if you use hay bales to box your farmer into the center square - the one you always pop up in when you enter the game - it makes it faster to plow, plant and harvest. It doesn't take long to do those jobs when your farm is just a few squares, but it makes a big difference when your farm is bigger!

Wendy told me to save my gifts in the gift box until I had enough to get ribbons, so I'm doing that and I think I've almost got the last ribbon.

Here's a problem I have with the game - before I was playing it, I hid all of the Farmville information that people were sending to the news feed, because I didn't care, but now I can't figure out how to make it show up again! I want to get bonuses! I want to adopt lost animals! I don't have any of the ribbons for adopting strays! How can I make everyone's news about FV show up on my news feed again? Sarah? Anyone? Bueller? ...crickets...

2 comments :

  1. Top right on toolbar - Settings ...Privacy ... applications... settings ... blocked applications ... remove block
    ~~Kath~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. just drink the pop of of the can! there is nothing better than cold Dr Pepper out of a can - just try not to think about the urban myth.

    ReplyDelete