Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Yay for last minute plans!

Diana decided yesterday to come visit, after we found out that it's much less expensive to fly into Milwaukee. Her flight got in at 2:30, and Rich was busy today, so Rachel and Ash went to the airport with me.

Rachel and I both worked last night, but we slept this morning and got up at noon, and we were on our way! It's a little more than a two and a half hour drive to Milwaukee, but there isn't much traffic, and hey, you're driving through the country! It looks like a postcard!

On the way there, I got a text from Rich asking how we were doing. I told him that the person who said it was an hour and a half away was wrong, but we were fine. Suddenly he said:

Crap. My computer just blue screened. Must be your fault.

To which I replied:

Such is my enormous power.


That was the end of that conversation, because he had to go take care of his computer. Mwah haha!

When we got home, Rich was leaving for TaeKwonDo, and Diana and I made some polenta and squash casserole with squash that I cooked a couple of days ago for that purpose, and while it baked, we sat at our computers to check our email and worked on our farms. Sarah IMd me to ask how much parmesan to put in the polenta, and said she was making the squash and polenta, too! What can I say, we all appreciate good food.

After dinner, we were both tired, so Diana went to bed for the night, and I took my evening nap before work. We have big plans to go out for breakfast in the morning!

3 comments :

  1. I'm so excited for both of you!
    Last minute plans are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana would have gone crazy having to stay home for a week. I'm glad it worked out for her. I wish I was there to have me some polenta and squash casserole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. home with sick people!! you got that right Juanita! Yay for countryside that looks like a postcard!!

    ReplyDelete