Wednesday, November 18, 2009

In which there is a public service announcement.

Kim's Thanksgiving break starts on Friday, so if she leaves school right after her Friday class, she will be home in time for dinner! I guess I'd better cook something, huh?

Someone pointed out that I haven't updated my journal in a few days, but it's because nothing of interest is happening here. Twice I opened up a screen to write an update and both times I bored myself so much that I had to stop writing.

RA is still out of town, but she is out of the hospital now, and is flying home tomorrow, so yay! She left a message on my voicemail this morning that she is feeling much better. Sarah asked what cellulitis is, so for the edification of anyone who doesn't know (and I didn't know until RA started getting it), I will tell you.

Cellulitis is an infection under the skin, and it's caused by bacteria that are present on everyone's skin, but sometimes they just cause trouble, especially if you have one or more of the risk factors for it. I've known two people to have it, and both of them had it in the leg. The risk factors include: lowered immunity caused by something like diabetes, swelling of the ankles which impedes blood flow, and obesity. That is your medical update for today. Also, wash your hands and blow your nose after you are out in public, , that will decrease your risk of catching the H1N1 virus, or any other one. You're welcome.

1 comment :

  1. oh and don't attend purse parties or fly on an airplane to spread your sick husband and son's germs around thoroughly....

    ReplyDelete